Saturday, March 25, 2023

I Broke the R32 AutoCross Racing

Main I Broke the R32 AutoCross Racing

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

This video started out as documenting the day of an autocross racing event. It turned into more of a story about me breaking the R32. The polyurethane bushings …

HumbleMechanic

What do you think of this type of video? Something a little different than normal. ๐Ÿ™‚

meloche1syndrome

Mam, only the bushings? That's awesome

Qaiyim

Nice upload, sorry for the poor r32 but it sounds great! Just slightly less than a busso!

Aiden Picker

Ur licence plate is showed at 5:43

Casman

Powerflex bushings suck. Had the same problem with my R53 Cooper S just daily driving it. They had less than 5000 miles on them.
    I put a new set on and a few thousands miles later the new ones started making weird noises. I jacked up the car to inspect them and they were cracked.

braindeadbzh

Your beard put too much stress on the drive train

Harrison P

Good to see the car driven.

Harrison P

Those bushings were a waste of time.

steifan

The car looked really planted in the corners, cool to see. Shame on the bushings though.

OSZKAR ZAMFIR

Hi,no offence but you did not install the bushing correctly, when you change the bushing in the control arms the front bushing must (very important) be torqued with the weight of the car pushing the control arm or you can simply put a jack under the control arm,lift it until the car is lifting up and then torque the front bolt ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Daniel

Is that bogging down in 1st?

GD Tractor

I really liked the video !!! Great performance and run !!! Sorry about the bushing !!! A lesson perhaps.. but the rest of the car did great !!! Thanks for the video . love these types of vids !! GD Tractor

Matthew Shambler

If the sales and marketing department are to be believed, Powerflex are the best.. This definitely shows otherwise!
    Maybe try making your own as a replacement? I've always had good results from Meyle (HD range especially) and Febi.. Chances are they manufacture them for VAG anyway.

The R32 sounds absolutely beautiful!

EL paWLo

i don't understand how you don't have over a million sub's your content is awesome the knowledge you share is priceless

David G

wow those bushings have been nothing but JUNK!

meloche1syndrome

As a 2x mk4 owner.

WWHHHATTTT? A MK4 BROKE?!

Charles Williams

Charles in charge โ€” good driving!

m.blacktree

Wow, those bushings were absolutely thrashed! Now I know what not to put in my Mk4.

Gregory Lopes

Nice 3 wheel action in the R32! Would love to see a performance head to head between the R32 and Golf R sometime soon.

Tai Wilson

my old Evo 8 blew a front diff at auto-X

dorkultra

how badly did you get sunburnt that day? lol

Adam Randell

The R is definitely more wallowy than the r32 but damn that 32 sounds great, those tyres are great I use them myself on my XR5 I use to use P1's but found the RE's grip better under braking. Go back to rubber bushings, I found that with heavy use over time urethane ones just crack and fall to pieces. I had a 2004 Focus RS that I tracked and it ate urethane bushings for breakfast, I think it had to do with shock from having stiffer suspension. Great vid…

Walker Stone

FTD Motorsports GT1 bushings.

http://www.ftdmotorsports.com/?page_id=280

KuschelKeks

Gott sei dank war es nur das Lager vom Querlenker ๐Ÿ˜€

ABeans07

Its tough to get good Autox footage, but you did very well here.

Joseph Garay

My mans you gotta look into fabless manufacturer I had their heim control arms for my vr6 24v and they were killer https://www.fablessmanufacturing.com/

Dana H

I like your videos and all but that beard is absolutely frightening…

DNA Automotive

Good evening. Would you have any info on valve adjustment for a 07 beetle? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Zachary Tyhacz

damn you know how to drive! its crazy how tight you took some of those turns while still givin her gas and the body roll is still very very minimal – great suspension there

Trexxx67

I live in holly Springs, howโ€™d I not know about this

K M

OEM gonna be the best bet. I don't know why after market parts don't last on VW unless it came from the VW vendor itself.

David Williams

Love this video,do more like it.Thanks

Jean F

Hardened rubber should fix that . I know hard race is China made but they make the best hard rubber in the market .

Justin Hudson

Always wanted to run my GLX b4 my wreck, but I sold it to another VW technician ๐Ÿ˜ข

Joshua Bell

Had alot of 3 wheeling going on in some of those turns, maybe could use loosening the rear seat bar a bit?

aw614

Yikes, I really think the manufacturers of poly bushings of succeeded in marketing their product as "performance" when I think rubber is probably the best compromise.

Why is your r32 classed as dsp? It seems close to stock or a street touring level of prep to run in STX?

Btw, thought it was funny you kept looking back when the rotary drove by haha

Luis G

Great runs!

We TOLD YOU those things would blow up your car ๐Ÿ˜‚ bummer to do that job again but at least you can make quick work of it. Any idea on how your upper strut bushings are doing? I have a set but I need to find a weekend to throw them on.

Todd L

I had the same thing happen to my rear energy suspension bushing when I had my 20th

Kevin Steeno

Am I supposed to thumbs up you breaking parts? Or just thumbs up because its another great video. P.S. the beard sticking out past the helmet looks cool.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.